Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Favorite Quotes from Stolen - Lucy Christopher

“Why?” I whispered.
“I had to take you.”

"I chased the money, pretended to be someone else to get it. It got easier the longer I did it... but that's the trap, see? When the deadness gets easier, you know you're sinking deeper, becoming dead yourself."
- Ty Pg. 166

"But I hated you for something else, too. Right, then and at every moment since you'd left me, all I could think about was you. I wanted your arms around me, your face close to mine. I wanted your smell. And I knew I couldn't - shouldn't - have it. That's what I hated most. The uncertainty of you. You'd kidnapped me, put my life in danger.. but I loved you, too. Or thought I did. None of it made sense"
- Gemma Pg. 289

"And lets face it, you did steal me. But you saved my life, too. And somewhere in the middle, you showed me a place so different and beautiful I can never get it out of my mind. And I can't get you out of there, either. you're stuck in my brain like my own blood vessels."
- Gemma Pg. 292

"I can't save you like that Ty.
What you did to me wasn't this brilliant thing, like you think it was. You took me away from everything - my parents, my friends, my life. You took me to the sand and the heat, the dirt, and isolation. And you expected me to love you. And that's the hardest part. Because I did, or at least I loved something out there."
- Gemma Pg. 297

No comments:

Post a Comment